Analyst Ken Lin chose to spotlight Kelt Exploration Ltd. (KEL:TSE), a Canada-based company with natural gas operations in Alberta and British Columbia, and Pine Cliff Energy Ltd. (PNE:TSX.V), with energy assets in Alberta and Saskatchewan, and mineral assets in Canada and the U.S.
Analyst Ian Macqueen highlighted Parex Resources Inc. (PXT:TSX.V) and Seven Generations Energy Ltd. (VII:TSX). Parex is an explorer with what the company calls a "significant land base of 2.10 million gross acres" in Colombia. Seven Generations is focused on its Kakwa River project, a "large-scale, liquids-rich Montney natural gas property" located in Alberta, according to the company website.
Kelt is "less exposed to AECO [Hub pricing] than other natural gas names," Lin notes. In addition, the company is trading below its net asset value (NAV), which presents investors with "an attractive entry point given the company's high historical premium to NAV and massive resource potential."
Pine Cliff, while "highly sensitive to AECO," has yet to follow on a recent AECO rally, thus also offering a "compelling entry point," for investors, according to Lin.
Macqueen is modeling 81% year-over-year growth for Seven Generations in 2016, "to 109 mboe/d based on 65 new wells." Given that the company is "drilling better wells more affordably and commodity prices are improving," Macqueen believes the company's "hypergrowth profile will continue."
Parex, with "$80 million ($80M) in positive working capital and an undrawn $200M line," is prepared to "[expose] itself to ~110 MMbbl of resources," Macqueen notes, adding "success at Aguas Blancas could more than triple its inventory."
Analyst Jason Tucker added a pick in the Canadian energy services sector: Secure Energy Services Inc. (SES:TSX), which provides processing, recovery, disposal, drilling and production services in Canada and the U.S. Tucker notes that higher oil prices should "positively impact both Secure's PRD (Processing, Recovery and Disposal) and DPS (Drilling and Production Services) divisions." In addition, Tucker expects a "positive impact" into 2017 and 2018 from sales of production and enhanced oil recovery (EOR) chemicals, which is slated to begin in Q3/16.
Want to read more Energy Report interviews like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you'll learn when new articles have been published. To see recent interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Tracy Salcedo compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She owns, or her family owns, shares of the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in the article are sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. The companies mentioned in this article were not involved in any aspect of the article preparation. Streetwise Reports does not accept stock in exchange for its services. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific analysts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise during the up-to-four-week interval from the time of the interview until after it publishes.
About Paradigm Capital Inc.
Paradigm Capital Inc. (PCI) is a research-driven, independent, institutional equity investment dealer focused on sectors and companies that have attractive long-term secular growth prospects. PCI’s research is available on our website at www.paradigmcap.com.
The analysts (and associates) certify that the views expressed in this report accurately reflect their personal views about the subject securities or issuers. No part of their compensation was, is, or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations expressed in this research report.
Please refer to the list below for the relevant disclosures:
Kelt Exploration Ltd. 3
Pine Cliff Energy Ltd. 2, 3
Parex Resources Inc. 2, 3
Secure Energy Services Inc. 2, 3
Seven Generations Energy Ltd. 3
1. The analyst has an ownership position in the subject company.
2. Paradigm Capital Inc. has assumed an underwriting liability for, and/or provided financial advice for consideration to the subject companies during the past 12 months.
3. Paradigm Capital Inc. expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking services from the subject companies in the next 3 months.
4. Paradigm Capital Inc. has greater than a 1% ownership position in the subject company.
5. The analyst has a family relationship with an Officer/Director of subject company.